Askey Computer is a subsidiary and owned by Asus Computer 100%, and accusations of Askey’s violation of labor rights of migrant workers and sweatshop brands have gradually attracted widespread attention. Unfortunately, after two rounds of coordination meetings, the workers have not achieved a real victory. The company has not guaranteed job security and still hasn't committed to refunding the expenses that should be borne by the company. Therefore, a group of Askey employees has decided to request the intervention of the Ministry of Labor this Tuesday.
Leaders of the Asus Affiliate Union and Askey Enterprise Union will personally attend the press conference to disclose several significant issues and the latest developments to the public. They are requesting the Ministry of Labor's intervention.
The press conference will cover the following topics:
1. Progress in the two rounds of mediation meetings.
2. Involvement of the RBA (Responsible Business Alliance).
3. Next steps of the union.
4. Several other instances of illegal or discriminatory treatment.
Your coverage is invited!
Date: October 24, 2023, at 10:00 AM
Ministry of Labor, 207 Songjiang Road, Zhongshan District, Taipei City, 104472, Taiwan (at the open space in front of the Chih Ching Building).
Attendees: - Rochel Abris Garais, President of Askey Labor Union and Asus Group Labor Union and all the other union officers
- Yuliam Sun, General Secretary, Taiwan Labor Front
- Wei-Dong Hsu, Taiwan International Workers Association (TIWA)
- Jason Lee, Supervisor. Rerum Novarum Center - Domestic Caretakers’ Union (DCU)
- Hiu-Fan Liu, President, Vanguard International Semiconductor Union
- Hui-Fang Huang, President, Nanya Technology Union
- Yong-Lin Hsu, Representative from Nanya PCBoard Union
- Jin-Rang Gu, President, CMC Union
- Lennon Ying-Dah Wong, General Secretary, Asus Group Labor Union (AGLU) and Askey Labor Unino (ALU) (The list is still being updated)
For media inquiries, please contact: Lennon Ying-Dah (+886-933908994, firstname.lastname@example.org)
Facebook page of AGLU/ ALU: https://www.facebook.com/AsusGroupLabourUnion